This simple instruction explains how to set up a LOCAL Bitcoint (BTC) wallet on your PC based on Electrum application; and ETHereum (ETH) wallet based on myCrypto. The advantage is that it is not placed on network (doesn't use any platforms like Coinbase, Spectrocoin, etc) - it's all local.
Set up Electrum for BTC
1. Go to electrum.org and download one of distributive which better suits your operating system.
2. Start the installation kit, using pretty much default settings everywhere:
When you get a screen with seed information - it's strongly recommended that you write down it carefully and keep it safely. Remember: this is the only thing that may help you recover your wallet in case it's needed.
3. You are done!
In order to get the BTC, go to Receive section, and you will see your wallet address to use:
if you want to send BTC, go to Send section - there you can specify destination wallet address, exact amount in BTC and some other settings:
SET UP MyCRYPTO for ETH
1. Go to mycrypto.com and download distributive. You can also use a direct link https://download.mycrypto.com
2. Install the application.
3. Open the installed application, press the Create new Wallet button:
You may choose a more secure type, in our example we use the simplest way to generate the wallet.
4. In the appeared window pick the Generate a Mnemonic Phrase
and generate the phrase, writing it down in a secure place, following all the steps to confirm the generation process.
5. Once done, press the View&Send menu item and pick the Mnemonic Phrase
6. Enter the phrase you saved into this field:
7. Pick the address you want to unlock and press the Unlock button:
You are all set!
In order to get the ETH TO your wallet (for example from DaddySkins), you should go to Request Payment section and copy the address:
In order to send the ETH FROM your address from other sources, go to Send Ether & Tokens: